вторник, 18 сентября 2012 г.

[3] THE BEAUTIFUL GAMES; Scotland's top sports team pick the classics that lit up the season.(Sport) - Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland)

People say things tend to happen when I'm about. Well, Tannadice on December 2 didn't exactly contradict that theory.

Season 1995-96 blessed me with several corkers and a game which genuinely left me convinced a manager had died in the dugout.

I remember the two classics involving Celtic and Aberdeen at Pittodrie and the Eoin Jess-inspired crushing of Rangers in the Coca-Cola Cup semi- final.

In contrast there was the numbing Paul Sturrock collapse, also at Tannadice of all places, during the Dundee United-St Johnstone Tayside derby.

In 11 years of covering football I've never experienced anything like it. Seriously, for a split second, I thought we'd lost Luggie.

Mercifully, he recovered and, with a revived outlook, dragged the nine- to-five Saints to the verge of promotion with footie as pleasurable as inhaling fresh air.

But to the remarkable Craig Brewster execution of Sons. He hit four with a display of finishing as good as I've seen.

Two left-footers, a right-footer and a bullet header. The complete package.

Incredibly, but for two blinding Ally Maxwell saves, United could've been two- nil down within the opening five minutes.

Rookie Sons keeper Peter Dennison, looking as vulnerable as you've ever seen a 17- year-old, suffered dreadfully.

But I had witnessed great football and great goals. What more can a fan ask for?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий